Arawak Farm® Tahini
Try this traditional dip with some added heat!
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon Arawak Farm® Sweet Ginger Basil Pepper Sauce
- small amount of grapseed oil. optional
- Toast raw sesame seeds on the stovetop: Place the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring them frequently with a wooden spoon. Toast the seeds until they are lightly colored (not brown) and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted sesame seeds to a large plate or tray and let them cool completely.
- Place the sesame seeds in a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Process for 2 to 3 min until the sesame seeds form a crumbly paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of AFSGBPS to the food processor. Process for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture forms a thick and fairly smooth paste.
For thinner tahini, add grapeseed oil, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, and process until the desired consistency is reached.