Arawak Farm® Vegan Potato Leek Soup
Strike gold with this root veggie soup!
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubbed
- 2 large leeks, sliced into rounds
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #2
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks and potatoes, and sauté for about 5 mins, stirring constantly.
- Add in the thyme, DRSB #2, pepper, and dill. Saute for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring soup to a near boil. Reduce to low heat, cover pot, and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- At the end of simmering, use a stainless steel immersion blender to puree of the soup in the pot until you reach the desired level of smoothness.
- Garnish with parsley, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, vegan bacon or oyster crackers.