Avocado and Tangerine Salad with Arawak Farm® Pepper Sauce Vinaigrette
A citrus salad to enliven your palate!
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup Arawak Farm® Pepper Sauce
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 tangerines or clementines, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 6 cups purslane, arugla, or watercress removing thick stems
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 oz geta cheese, crumbled
- Simmer tangerine juice in a small saucepan until syrupy and reduces to about 2 Tbsp. about 5-8 minutes. Let cool
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, reduced tangerine juice and Arawak Farm Pepper Sauce in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in vegetable oil, then EVOO. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Toss avocados, tangerines, arugula, mint and vinaigrette in a large bowl and then top with feta cheese.