A combination of two favorites!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #1
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons basil sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large stock pot, boil 3 quarts of water, when boiling add 2 tablespoons kosher salt and the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add bacon and sauté until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat from the pan. Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, and red chili flakes. Cook until onions are translucent, add garlic, cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes, then deglaze with wine.
- Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture pan. Add basil and bacon. Toss with Parmesan, and Arawak Farm Dry Rub & Spice Blend #1.