Banana Flower Thai Side Salad
A nutty salad that you'll want to slip into your belly!
- 2 small banana flowers
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #3
- 1 tablespoon crushed roasted peanuts
- Peel back the dark purple layers of the banana flower until you reach layers with just a hint of purple. Using a mandoline, slice the banana flower into thin rings, beginning at the point and slicing about three-quarters of the way down. Soak the Banana flower in lime water. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Soak the sliced onions in water and set aside.
- Remove the banana rings from water and put in medium bowl. Add the onions, carrot, bean sprouts, AFDSB#3 and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp lime juice, brown sugar and fish sauce. Pour over salad and toss again.
- Add the crushed peanuts on top and serve!