This recipe is so tasty, it'll butter you up to get into your good graces!
- 3/4 cup unslated butter (1/2 stick + 1 stick), divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #2
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 oz can low-sodium tomato sauce
- Basmati Rice (follow package directions) to service
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnishing if you wish
- To a large skillet add 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), onion, and sauté over medium-high heat until the onions begins to soften and caramelize about 5 minutes; stir occasionally. It does not have to be fully caramelized before moving on.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is done; flip and stir often to ensure even cooking.
- Add the garlic, stir to combine, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant; stir frequently.
- Add the garam masala, DR&SB#2, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and heat until it has melted; stir frequently to encourage melting.
- Add the heavy cream, tomato sauce, stir to combine, and allow mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced slightly. Taste and if desired, add additional salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, etc.
- Add rice to the serving plates and top with chicken and as much sauce as desired.
- Evenly garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. Enjoy!