Korma On Down
A delicious Indian delight.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts seasoned with black pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 brown onions one quartered and another chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #2
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder more if you love spicy
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or coconut cream from a can
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- fresh cilantro for topping
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large pan or skillet. Add the chicken and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until almost fully cooked through. Transfer the chicken to plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add the quartered onion (saving the other chopped onion for later), the garlic, ginger and water to a blender or small food processor and blend into a puree. Set aside momentarily.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the same pan you used to cook the chicken. Once warm add the chopped onions and sauté the onions for 10 minutes until soft and browned.
- Stir in the onion, garlic & ginger puree along with the cumin, AF DR&SB#2, turmeric and chili powder. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk (or cream) and chicken stock and let simmer for at least 5 minutes. Let the mixture reduce down and thicken slightly.
- Add the chicken to the pan along with the cashews and cook another 5 minutes until the chicken cooked through and piping hot.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and more cashews if you'd like and serve hot over rice.