A cheesy surprise that will please the crowd!
- 4-6 oz packages ready to use baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese about 16 ounces
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup All Purpse Flour
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Arawak Farm® Sweet Ginger Basil Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- To make the Malfatti, wilt the spinach down with a splash of water and a pinch of salt. Transfer to a sieve and allow to cool. Once cool, squeeze out as much water as you can from the spinach, then finely chop.
- Place the ricotta in a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is evenly mixed. Roll the mixture into neat 1-1/2in balls using your hands. Cook in salted boiling water – they are ready when they rise to the surface. Once cooked, allow to drain and steam-dry a little. Serve the Malfatti on a bed of your favorite gravy.