Pumpkin Soup (Slow Cooker)
They'll knock on your door for this treat!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (1 quart) vegetable stock
- 2 can pumpkin puree (29 ounces)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (full-fat or light) (14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #3
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pumpkin seeds or Almond Slivers optional garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet. Add the onion and carrot. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds, then add the spices. Cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the stock, pumpkin puree, and coconut milk. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours*.
- Before serving puree soup using an immersion blender or in batches in a traditional blender, if desired. Taste and add maple syrup.
- Garnish with pumpkin and/or almond slivers.
*In a rush? This recipe can also be cooked on the stovetop at a low simmer for 30-45 minutes.