Spicy Shrimp Udon Soup
This soup can't wait to hit the bottom of your belly!
Servings: 3 people
- 1 lbs (16-20) shrimp
- 1/2 lbs Broccoli crowns (or your favorite vegetable)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots (on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup Scallions (white and green parts separated)
- Coconut-Curry Lime Broth (see below)
- 2 pkgs Frozen Udon Noodles (Most noodles comes frozen in packs of 4 or 5)
Coconut Curry Lime Broth
- 16 oz seafood or shrimp stock TIP: Take shells from shrimp and boil in water to create homemade shrimp stock!
- 1 13 1/2 to 14 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Arawak Farm Sweet Ginger Basil pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Lime wedges
- In a separate skillet, sauté shrimp until halfway cooked. Place In a bowl and set aside. Sauté white segment of scallions in EVOO. When translucent add in broccoli crowns and carrots; cook until tender. Place in bowl with shrimp.
- Bring shrimp stock, coconut-curry lime broth to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add frozen Udon noodles and simmer until just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in shrimp, broccoli, carrots and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.