Summer Squash Saute
Stir it up with this summer dish!
- 2 lbs summer squash and/or zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds Not necessary if allergic.
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Arawak Farm® Mango Pineapple Pepper Sauce or your choice of our pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place squash in a colander, set in a large bowl or over the sink and toss with I tsp of Kosher salt. Let the squash stand for 10-12 minutes, then squeeze the excess moisture (do not rinse).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently, until lightly browned. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and heat, stirring often, until fragrant but do not brown the garlic. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Add Arawak Farm Mango Pineapple Pepper Sauce and toss. Fold in Parmesan cheese, black pepper (to taste) and toasted almonds.
- Enjoy with a nice Chardonnay or Dry Riesling.