Sweet Cheeks Cheekies (Hand Pies)
Check out these sweet pies!
Servings: 6 hand pies
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter (1 stick) cut into 1/" pieces
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter; pulse until the texture of very coarse meal.
- Add ¼ cup ice water; pulse adding more water if dry, until dough comes together in clumps.
- Form into a square, wrap in plastic, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Filling: Arawak Farm Spicy Fruit Spread (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before rolling out. Roll dough into a 15”x12” rectangle, then cut into six (6) smaller rectangles. Brush the edges with water.
- Spoon your choice of filling onto half of each rectangle, leaving the edges clear.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press down firmly on the edges with fingers or a fork to seal. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake hand pies for 35-40 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until juices are bubbling and pastry is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.