Beef Stew (Slow Cook)
A homestyle slow cooker recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb. beef chuck cut into 2" pieces
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #1
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 bottle dry red wine
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 potatoes cut into 1" cubes
- 3 carrots chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 celery stalks chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 onions chopped into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
In a large mixing bowl, pat beef dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle with oil and sear meat on all sides until golden brown with a crust, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Add butter and scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits. Stir in red wine and tomato paste; simmer for 1 minute then transfer to the slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, then season with salt and cook on low until meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours. Remove stalk of rosemary.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.