Korma On Down
A delicious Indian delight.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts seasoned with black pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 brown onions one quartered and another chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Arawak Farm® Dry Rub & Spice Blend #2
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder more if you love spicy
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or coconut cream from a can
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- fresh cilantro for topping
Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large pan or skillet. Add the chicken and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until almost fully cooked through. Transfer the chicken to plate or bowl and set aside.
Add the quartered onion (saving the other chopped onion for later), the garlic, ginger and water to a blender or small food processor and blend into a puree. Set aside momentarily.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the same pan you used to cook the chicken. Once warm add the chopped onions and sauté the onions for 10 minutes until soft and browned.
Stir in the onion, garlic & ginger puree along with the cumin, AF DR&SB#2, turmeric and chili powder. Cook 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk (or cream) and chicken stock and let simmer for at least 5 minutes. Let the mixture reduce down and thicken slightly.
Add the chicken to the pan along with the cashews and cook another 5 minutes until the chicken cooked through and piping hot.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and more cashews if you'd like and serve hot over rice.