- 2 Tbsp. Arawak Farm Sweet Ginger-Basil Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons plus one tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 12 ounces rice stick noodles (Maifun)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemongrass from peeled bottom 4" of stalk
- 2 cups (loosely packed) cilantro, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup (loosely packed) basil leaves, coarsely chopped, divided
- Large butter lettuce leaves
NOTE: Look for fish sauce, rice stick noodles, and lemongrass at better supermarkets and at Asian markets.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients, 2 teaspoons ginger, and garlic in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Set dressing aside.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, 2-4 minutes. Drain; put in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; stir 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon ginger, shallot, and lemongrass. Stir until chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Add to noodles. Add half of all herbs and half of dressing; toss to coat.
- Line bowls with lettuce leaves. Divide noodle mixture among bowls. Top with remaining herbs and dressing